Pelindaba's Lavender Hybrid™ Decorative Candles are handcrafted from the finest natural palm wax for the main body with a soy wax insert infused with our own farm-distilled organic essential oil, not the cheaper and far more common artificial "fragrance" or "essence".
This Pelindaba-exclusive design provides the more aromatic, healthier and much longer lasting burn time of our aromatherapy candle line without destroying the decorative beauty of the original, decorative candle (yet still allows the option to burn the decorative candle if so desired), making the whole candle doubly appealing.
Our Lavender Heart "Hybrid" Decorative Candle comes with one lavender tea light.
Each candle base is 2 1/2" high X 3 1/2" diameter and will burn for approximately 48 hours. Each tea light is 3/4" high X 1 1/2" diameter and will burn up to 8 hours approximately.
Tips to extend the life of your candle:
- For a stronger lavender scent, burn several lavender aromatherapy candles at once.
- Each time you light your candle let it burn until the wax is melted all the way across the surface. This may take a couple of hours.
- If you burn the candle for longer than several hours at a time, you might notice a black "mushroom" forming on the end of the wick. This is a carbon deposit and can cause the candle to smoke. It is best to blow out the candle and let it cool.
- Before each lighting trim the wick to 1/8" - 1/4". Be sure to remove the wick trimmings so they do not create soot blackening on the container or interfere with the purity of the lavender essential oil aroma.
- If the wick becomes off-center, use the end of a match to recenter it when the wax is liquid.
- Cover the candle when not in use. If the surface becomes dusty, it is readily cleaned with a damp cotton ball.
- Keep the candle away from drafts of air – fans, air conditioners, open windows or heavily trafficked areas where people walk back and forth a lot. Moving air can disturb the flame and dissipate the fragrance.