Our Lavender Tea Light Candles are handcrafted using lead-free wicks and the finest soy waxes infused with our own farm-distilled organic essential oil, not the cheaper and far more common artificial "fragrance" or "essence".
Choosing to use natural soy wax rather than the traditional petroleum-based wax makes these candles particularly appealing to those seeking the clean burning fragrance of lavender essential oil with all its relaxing therapeutic properties.
Pack of 4 tea lights. Each tea light is 3/4" high X 1 1/2" diameter and will burn up to 8 hours approximately.
Tips to extend the life of your candle:
- For a stronger lavender scent, burn several lavender aromatherapy candles at once.
- Each time you light your candle let it burn until the wax is melted all the way across the surface. This may take a couple of hours.
- If you burn the candle for longer than several hours at a time, you might notice a black "mushroom" forming on the end of the wick. This is a carbon deposit and can cause the candle to smoke. It is best to blow out the candle and let it cool.
- Before each lighting trim the wick to 1/8" - 1/4". Be sure to remove the wick trimmings so they do not create soot blackening on the container or interfere with the purity of the lavender essential oil aroma.
- If the wick becomes off-center, use the end of a match to recenter it when the wax is liquid.
- If the surface of the candle becomes dusty, it is readily cleaned with a damp cotton ball.
- Keep the candle away from drafts of air – fans, air conditioners, open windows or heavily trafficked areas where people walk back and forth a lot. Moving air can disturb the flame and dissipate the fragrance.