Visiting the Farm
Surrounded by the natural beauty and glory of acres upon acres of blooming lavender, experiential offerings invite visitors to revel in the sight, smell and taste of lavender. Although the best time to see the fields at the "peak of purpleness" is July - August, there are many things to do at the farm May - October.
- Admission to the farm is FREE.
- Parking, restroom and picnic facilities are available.
- Pets are very welcome, we simply ask their owners to keep them on leash and to clean up after them.
- We suggest allowing 1-2 hours for The Complete Lavender Experience®.
- For those visiting after hours, please feel welcome to take a walk through the fields. The fields are never closed.
During your visit be sure to...
- Stroll through our organically certified fields - bring your camera!
- Harvest your own beautiful bouquet of lavender from the Cutting Field when the flowers are in bloom.
- Browse the over 200 lavender products we handcraft on the farm at our Gatehouse Farm Store.
- Expand your lavender learning by visiting our distillery and educational exhibits.
- Explore the
Demonstration Garden where we cultivate over 50 different varieties of lavender. Blooming begins in early May and some varieties are still in bloom in October. You can even take home your own lavender plants from our nursery!
- Bring a Picnic to enjoy in the beautiful grounds and be sure try our lavender lemonade, iced tea, ice cream (gluten-free) or cookies! In fine weather frolic in the fields and while away the afternoon with lawn games for the whole family.
Gatehouse Farm Store & Visitor Center
Our lavender fields are open daily to visitors.
The Gatehouse Farm Store is closed for the season, but we hope you'll visit our
product gallery in Downtown Friday Harbor which is open daily.
Gathering at the Farm
We welcome group gatherings during the summer months. While the farm is not available to rent as a private event venue, the farm grounds are open to everyone to gather and celebrate. All are welcome to use our ample parking space, restroom and picnicking facilities and enjoy the shade offered by our orchard and tents for small gatherings such as these (no reservation required):
- Family picnic
- Get together with your book club
- Small vow renewal or elopement
- Family, engagement, wedding, pet or senior photo shoot
- Yoga in the fields
Please respect the farm as you would a public park by packing out everything you've packed in. As a working organic farm we request that pets are kept leashed and their owners clean up after them.