Visiting the Farm
Although the best time to see the fields at the "peak of purpleness" is July - August, there are many things to do at the farm May - October. We would suggest allowing at least 1-2 hours for your visit.
Our lavender fields are open daily to visitors to enjoy while maintaining safe social distance (6 feet = 2 lavender plants!).
- Admission to the farm is FREE.
- Parking, restroom and picnic facilities are available.
- For those visiting after hours, please feel welcome to take a walk through the fields. The fields are never closed.
- Pets are very welcome, we simply ask their owners to keep them on leash and to clean up after them.
During your visit be sure to...
- Stroll through our organically certified fields - bring your camera!
- Harvest your own beautiful bouquet of lavender from the Cutting Field when the flowers are in bloom.
- Browse the over 200 lavender products we handcraft on the farm at our Gatehouse Farm Store.
- Explore the
Demonstration Garden where we cultivate over 50 different varieties of lavender. Blooming begins in early May and some varieties are still in bloom in October!
- Bring a Picnic to enjoy and be sure try our lavender lemonade, iced tea, ice cream (gluten-free) or cookies!
Gatehouse Farm Store & Visitor Center
Open for in-person shopping following CDC health and safety guidelines and local government requirements:
9:30am - 6pm Daily
Gathering at the Farm
We welcome group gatherings during the summer months. While the farm is not available to rent as a private event venue, the farm grounds are open to everyone to gather and celebrate. All are welcome to use our ample parking space, restroom and picnicking facilities and enjoy the shade offered by our orchard and tents for small gatherings such as these (no reservation required):
- Family picnic
- Get together with your book club
- Small vow renewal or elopement
- Family, engagement, wedding, pet or senior photo shoot
- Yoga in the fields
Please respect the farm as you would a public park by packing out everything you've packed in. As a working organic farm we request that pets are kept leashed and their owners clean up after them.